An Addendum.....

I should explain my Lion King/Hamlet biases a little more clearly. It's not that I deny the similarities, or even the potential inspiration of the Bard to this film. My issue is that people take some similarities and force the entire square-peg film into the round-hole of Hamlet. There are some similarities, and I'm sure some of them are intentional. But it is not a top-to-bottom interpretation of Hamlet. It is Hamletish. I apologize for any misconceptions.

Still, it seems as though some fine chap at Disney thought they should continue along similar lines for subsequent films... and so, without further ado, we bring you the smuggled list, obtained under very dangerous and indubitable circumstances:

FILMS TO BE CONSIDERED AFTER MAKING HAMLET A LION CUB:

The Three Noble Caballeros

Cymbelinderella

The Many Adventures of Lear-y the Pooh

Henry V's New Groove

Timon and Pumbaa of Athens

The Mermaid of Venice

Bambi Andronicus

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home